In this episode of The Living Experiment, we go on a One-Year Ramble, reflecting on what we’ve learned over the course of our first year of doing this podcast, warts and all.
We explore what we’ve both taken away from our conversations and our friendship, and from our personal and professional journeys over that time.
From observations on the state of health media, to insights about our own strengths and weaknesses, we consider the body of work we’ve created, and where we see ourselves going next.
Finally, we offer an experiment that gives you the opportunity to connect and reflect with a friend on the nuances of your own life experience.
“One-Year Ramble” Episode Highlights
- Reflections on what Dallas and Pilar have learned about podcasting, and themselves, over the past year
- How their lives and work have brought them here, and some current life experiences
- The challenges of creating deep, authentic, useful content in today’s hype-driven health-media environment
- What’s up next — for Dallas and Pilar individually, and for the podcast
- A call to send us your questions for our listener Q&A feature
This Week’s Experiment
From Dallas and Pilar: Sit down with a friend and have a one-hour, face-to-face conversation about the year behind you, where you are at now, and how you feel about things. Take turns sharing from the heart and being good listeners.
Share the Love!
Have you told your friends and family about The Living Experiment? If you dig it, please do! Every recommendation from you means a lot.
We’d also love to have you connect with us on Facebook. Tell us about your experiments, and share your thoughts, stories and reflections there.
- The May 2017 Functional Forum session on the “Evolution of Primary Care”, for which Pilar was a panelist.
- The very first episode of The Living Experiment, “Welcome (Freak)”.
- “The Art of Conversation”, a feature article via Experience Life magazine
- Sign up for The Living Experiment newsletter so you can stay up to date with us, get free gifts, and receive notifications when new episodes are released.
- Subscribe to The Living Experiment on Apple Podcasts to have fresh episodes delivered to your podcast feed each week.