On this week’s special guest episode of The Living Experiment, we’re talking about Decluttering.
This is a follow-up on our “Clutter” episode from earlier in the season, in which Pilar promised to consult her decluttering expert and Feng Shui-certified sister, Andrea, for some of her down-and-dirty practical tips.
Here, Andrea shares essential guidance on how to turbo-charge your decluttering projects, and how to avoid getting bogged down or overwhelmed in the process.
Andrea has been a pro declutterer for decades. She regularly consults and teaches workshops on the topic, and she’s the featured expert in an award-winning article and video series called “Order Out of Chaos” that’s featured in Experience Life magazine.
Blending Andrea’s philosophy, strategy, helpful techniques, and real-life examples, we set out to help you take charge of the clutter in your own world.
“Decluttering” Episode Highlights
- The simple but important preparatory steps Andrea uses to set up her decluttering projects for success
- The value of creating and preserving “receptive space” — not just in your living environments, but in your schedule and your life
- Simple strategies for making decluttering more efficient, productive, and rewarding
- Different types of clutter and how to tackle them in your home
- The value of “defending with beauty” to keep new clutter from encroaching on recently decluttered territory
- How to avoid getting overwhelmed by a big or emotionally charged decluttering project
Healthy, Happy Goodness
Get your $19.95 annual print subscription to Experience Life magazine — a discounted rate for our podcast listeners! Or, sign up for one or more of their free e-newsletters!
Share the Love!
Have you told your friends and family about The Living Experiment? If you dig the podcast, please share it! Every recommendation from you means a lot!
We’d also love to have you connect with us on Facebook. Tell us about your experiments, and share your thoughts, stories and reflections there.
- Andrea’s personal site, ThirdMountain.com, which offers more background on her and her work
- A description of one of Andrea’s previous Rancho La Puerta workshops
- David Allen’s book Getting Things Done
- For more related resources, see the “Clutter” episode of The Living Experiment
Via Experience Life magazine:
- Order Out of Chaos: The Closet
- Order Out of Chaos: The Bedroom
- Order Out of Chaos: The Home Office
- Order Out of Chaos: Bill Payment and Desk Organization
- Order Out of Chaos: The Linen Closet and Bathroom
- Order Out of Chaos: The Laundry and Mud Room, plus VIDEO of the process and results
- Order Out of Chaos: The Car
- Yoga for Your Home: Andrea’s take on how Feng Shui can transform your life by removing areas of blockages, tension, and friction
- Sign up for The Living Experiment newsletter so you can stay up to date with us and receive notifications when new episodes are released.
- Subscribe to The Living Experiment on Apple Podcasts to have fresh episodes delivered to your podcast feed each week.