In this final episode of The Living Experiment’s first season, we offer a big picture view of what we see as the top 10 fundamentals of healthy, happy living, and how they fit into five key domains of wellbeing. We point out some of the essential connections between all these considerations, and we explain why each of them matters — especially those elements commonly overlooked or underemphasized by the conventional media. If you’re looking for a quick tour of what healthy living looks and feels like, you’ve come to the right place.
“Top 10 Health Biggies” Episode Highlights
- Pilar outlines five dimensions of health and healthy living (4:40)
- Dallas and Pilar share their top 10 biggies (fundamentals for being the most vital human you can be), in no particular order (7:40)
- #1: Whole food nutrition and hydration (8:00)
- #2: Rest and recovery (10:20)
- #3: Healthy movement (12:00)
- #4: Face-to-face intimate social connection (16:25)
- #5: Empowered role in directing and managing your own healthcare (19:35)
- #6: Minimal exposure to toxic chemicals, environments and relationships (25:10)
- #7: Appropriate balance of stress/challenge and recovery/repair opportunity (29:00)
- #8: Positive growth-and-learning mindset (32:15)
- #9: Time in nature and the outdoors (35:50)
- #10: Conscious, discerning relationship with media and marketing (39:00)
- The art of conducting (and being) your own “living experiment” (43:55)
Share the Love!
If you’re enjoying The Living Experiment, please tell your friends about it (just click the “share this” tool on this page). People are always looking for great new podcasts, and your personal recommendations mean a lot. We’d also love to have you connect with us on Facebook and Instagram — share your thoughts, stories and reflections there.
- Pilar’s “101 Revolutionary Ways to be Healthy” (you can explore them all and access the free mobile app here, too!).
- Pilar’s “Revolutionary Acts” column in Experience Life magazine.
- Dallas’s More Social Less Media program.
- Byron Katie’s “The Work” for developing a healthier, more conscious mindset.
- The learner/judger Choice Map from Dr. Marilee Adams and the Inquiry Institute.
- Articles from Experience Life magazine on all of the Top-10 Biggies (search on the topics of interest to you).
- Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with us and receive new-show highlights as soon as they’re published.
- Subscribe to The Living Experiment on Apple Podcasts to have fresh episodes delivered to your podcast feed each week.
- Sponsor link: Check out Brian Johnson’s life-changing “Habits 101” Master Class for FREE.